How we differentiate our self from trekking companies?
Our uniqueness is a combination of our Home Stay; Chhaani (authentic mud cottage); Food Experience; Farming Animals; Camping and Trekking; Pony/Mule Ride; Altitudinal Birds; Starry Skies, Beautifully clear Moon, Sunrise and Sunset. Complete disconnect from a city life without electricity, just solar lamps, bring your torches, weak mobile networks.
This is a Home Stay midway hiking from Pantwari village to Nag Tibba, right next to The Goat Village. It is owned and operated by a small farmer family who lives at Pantwari village. We do not use any type of chemicals in farming. Our food is completely natural and grown in Himalayan soil. We serve home grown natural food with local cuisine only. We also offer camping, trekking and pony ride for a fee. The trek from Pantwari to Home Stay is 3.5 kms. That is where we are, right in the middle of heavenly mountains, away from the maddening crowd. No noise, air and water pollution. No visual of any automobiles, one doesn’t hear honking of any sort as our home stay is not connected by road. All you see is green plush mountains, altitudinal birds, clear sky, farms and some farm animals. The trek from our Home Stay to Nag Tibba is 4kms and from Nag Tibba to Nag Tibba Summit also known as Jhandi (10,000 feet) is 2 kms.
Manu/Manveer Rawat: 7467094430 / 7466836103/ 7895099156
Address: Please search for below address in Google maps.
Punjab National Bank, Pantwari, Uttarakhand 249186
On reaching here, please call. I live in Pantwari village close to bank and will come to receive you. The Home Stay is 3.5kms hiking from here.
Facebook page: https://web.facebook.com/manudevkichhaani/
Once you reach Dehradun, Shared cabs are available from Dehradun Railway Station and a point close to Inter State Bus Terminal (ISBT) to Pantwari at 7am and 11am. To reserve a seat in shard cab, please call well in advance: Surender 9410501419/9760456075 or Suresh 9456172822/8958630217. For personal cab, please call Pantwari Cab Union 8958227728. It takes around 4 hours drive via Mussoorie.
When you plan your travel, avoid the Mussoorie Express. Take the Nanda Devi Express or Jan Shatabdi Express instead.
By Train :- Take the overnight train to Dehradun from Delhi
• Nandadevi Express – Train no: 12205 (Departure 11:50pm; Arrival – 5:40am)
• Dehradun Express – Train no: 12687 (Departure – 9:10pm; Arrival – 5:00am)
By Road :- There is regular bus service from Delhi to Dehradun, from Delhi’s ISBT Kashmere Gate. We would suggest you to take only government buses from ISBT Kashmere Gate. Private buses ply from outside ISBT and they are not trust worthiness.
Usually buses drop you at Dehradun ISBT.
Things To Carry
- A sturdy backpack (60ltrs) with a plastic or water-proof lining
- High-ankle waterproof (Goretex)trekking shoes with good grip
- Trekking pole or stick
- Wardrobe essentials like woollen and fleece clothes, synthetic or waterproof track pants, rain-proof jackets, sunglasses, waterproof gloves, wind-proof jackets, thermal innerwear
- Moisturizer, Sun Screen Lotion, Lip Balm
- Personal Medicine Kit
- Insulated water bottle and hydration pack (optional)
- Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Extra Polythene bags
- Proper waste disposal
- Respect local cultures and be sensitive towards wildlife
- Those suffering from an ailment or heart disease, Diabetes, breathing problems, high altitude sickness or is pregnant cannot participate in this trek
- You will not have mobile signals on the top. However, on the way, you can get the broken signals of Airtel and Idea.
- There is no electricity anywhere once you start hiking.